[Tsung] Difference between

Sebastian Cohnen sebastian.cohnen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 11:15:52 CEST 2016

Hey,

> Does number of users means, tsung has created the clients but they are yet to connect to the server, meaning they are waiting because server is busy and connected means the total number of users connected at that point of time to the server.

"users" just means how many users/clients are currently in tsung sessions, regardless of their connection state. They might be connected, but don't have to.

The interpretation of the graph is not that simple and depends on your test configuration. Assuming you are testing HTTP: If "connected" is substantially lower, it could mean that the server does not support keep alive, or that the system under test is overwhelmed with the amount of connections. But it could also mean that the server does support keep alive and is properly closing the connections because of think times you have configured in your test.

I'm not entirely sure if this is what you were aiming for with your question.