[Tsung] Dynamic vars and module initialization

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Sat Nov 30 11:01:42 CET 2013

 ❦ 30 novembre 2013 10:44 CET, Rodolphe Quiédeville <rodolphe at quiedeville.org> :

>>> Meanwhile, I have discovered `on_load` module parameter. This is exactly
>>> what I need. I am able to get results but Tsung seems to be memory
>>> hungry. At about 1600 req/s, it eats 7GB. Is there a way to know where
>>> all memory goes?
>>
>> Still more progress! By using several clients, the main problem is now
>> that the controller is eating a lot of CPU (even when not using as a
>> client). It is now the bottleneck. With 8 clients managing 50000 users,
>> the controller is using 100% CPU on 4 Xeon cores. What could be the
>> cause?
>>
>> Gist with the configuration used:
>>    https://gist.github.com/7716477
>
> Reduce your loglevel, you'll write less info on the crontoller.
>
> http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/user_manual/conf-file.html

Unfortunately, setting loglevel to warning does not help to reduce CPU
usage. After a few seconds, the controller is hitting 100% CPU. The log
directory is growing at a few kbytes per minute.

What would be the easiest tool to get some information on CPU usage of
the Erlang VM?  eprof?
--
Avoid multiple exits from loops.