[Tsung] Dynamic vars and module initialization

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Sat Nov 30 08:52:28 CET 2013

 ❦ 28 novembre 2013 16:00 CET, Vincent Bernat <bernat at luffy.cx> :

>> Unfortunately, I want to keep the connection to the database open and
>> for that purpose, I use a process and I need to spawn it once, not each
>> time I call the function. This is why I would like to tell Tsung to
>> execute some function before starting the test (the function `start()`
>> in my case).
>>
>> As we discussed on IRC, this is something that is not possible yet. I
>> will work-around this by providing the requests through a plain TCP
>> connection (but it would be handy to be able to reuse it each time to
>> avoid a round-trip).
>>
>> Eventually, I will try to add this intialization feature in Tsung.
>
> Meanwhile, I have discovered `on_load` module parameter. This is exactly
> what I need. I am able to get results but Tsung seems to be memory
> hungry. At about 1600 req/s, it eats 7GB. Is there a way to know where
> all memory goes?

Still more progress! By using several clients, the main problem is now
that the controller is eating a lot of CPU (even when not using as a
client). It is now the bottleneck. With 8 clients managing 50000 users,
the controller is using 100% CPU on 4 Xeon cores. What could be the
cause?

Gist with the configuration used:
   https://gist.github.com/7716477
--
panic("Oh boy, that early out of memory?");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/mips/mm/init.c