[Tsung] Dynamic vars and module initialization

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Thu Nov 28 16:00:47 CET 2013

 ❦ 27 novembre 2013 22:41 CET, Vincent Bernat <bernat at luffy.cx> :

>> It's not necessary to start your module, you can call it directly when
>> necessary.
>
> Unfortunately, I want to keep the connection to the database open and
> for that purpose, I use a process and I need to spawn it once, not each
> time I call the function. This is why I would like to tell Tsung to
> execute some function before starting the test (the function `start()`
> in my case).
>
> As we discussed on IRC, this is something that is not possible yet. I
> will work-around this by providing the requests through a plain TCP
> connection (but it would be handy to be able to reuse it each time to
> avoid a round-trip).
>
> Eventually, I will try to add this intialization feature in Tsung.

Meanwhile, I have discovered `on_load` module parameter. This is exactly
what I need. I am able to get results but Tsung seems to be memory
hungry. At about 1600 req/s, it eats 7GB. Is there a way to know where
all memory goes?

Gist updated:

  https://gist.github.com/vincentbernat/7681851
--
printk("MASQUERADE: No route: Rusty's brain broke!\n");
        2.4.3. linux/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_MASQUERADE.c