[Tsung] Dynamic vars and module initialization

Rodolphe Quiédeville rodolphe at quiedeville.org
Wed Nov 27 21:18:08 CET 2013

Vincent Bernat <bernat at luffy.cx> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I am pretty new to Tsung and Erlang. I would like to extract data from a
> MySQL database to build POST requests to be used by Erlang.

It may be dangerous to do that if you plan to play with high rate, the
bottleneck will be mysql IMHO.

> I cannot
> afford to put the whole requests in memory because they are pretty
> big. I need to initiliaze ODBC, prepare and execute the request and then
> each time the function is called, pop a result. I have come with this
> code to do this:
>
>   https://gist.github.com/7681851
>
> However, how could I tell Tsung to call `elasticsearch:start()` at the
> beginning of the test to spawn the processes?

What about patch the tunsg bash script used to launch tsung or just do
an alias which will start elastic search and start tsung just after ?
You can have a look to escript may be.

Regards

--
Rodolphe Quiédeville