[Tsung] Flexibility of tsung: erlang calls and direct BD queries

Nicolas Niclausse nicolas at niclux.org
Mon Nov 25 23:14:24 CET 2013

Анна Сомова ecrivait le 21/11/2013 16:11:
> Hi, all!
>
> I am new to Tsung and Erlang, have few newbie questions.
>
> 1) I've used grinder before to make flexible load. There is .py extension,
> so I could write in python. But the load is not enough, so I try Tsung.
>  The question is: can I call erlang directly to make my test  flexible as I
> need? And how if  I can ?
>
> 2) If can't  - how to make query  to DB directly  and put into dyn.
> variable (I've found only from file example)? And wich DBs supports?

Hello

You can create dynamic variables with custom erlang code, see

http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/user_manual/conf-advanced-features.html#set-dynvars

for example:

<setdynvars sourcetype="eval"
            code="fun({Pid,DynVars})->
                      {ok,Val}=ts_dynvars:lookup(md5data,DynVars),
                      ts_digest:md5hex(Val) end.">
  <var name="md5sum" />
</setdynvars>

--