[Tsung] specifying log dir causes erlang crash

Matt Bellizzi mbellizzi at IMPRIVATA.com
Fri Jul 6 19:55:01 CEST 2012

NVM   I'm an idiot.   I thought I could specify the full logdir path.     It turns out you can only specify where the date-timestamp sub dir will be located.

From: Matt Bellizzi <mbellizzi at imprivata.com<mailto:mbellizzi at imprivata.com>>
Date: Friday, July 6, 2012 7:11 AM
To: "tsung-users at lists.process-one.net<mailto:tsung-users at lists.process-one.net>" <tsung-users at lists.process-one.net<mailto:tsung-users at lists.process-one.net>>
Subject: [Tsung] specifying log dir causes erlang crash

I have a bit of weirdness.  I’m running tsung 1.4.2 compiled from source on a debian squeeze.  I usually run it as root and let it default the logging directory to /root/.tsung/log/dattimestamp  and it runs fine.  However I’ve tried to invoke it with the -l /path/to/log/dir/  and it just crashes with

=erl_crash_dump:0.1
Fri Jul 6 03:19:23 2012
Slogan: Kernel pid terminated (application_controller) ({application_start_failure,tsung_controller,{bad_return,{{tsung_controller,start,[normal,[]]},{‘EXIT’,{{badmatch,{error,{error,enoent}}},[{tsung_contr
System version: Erlang R14A (erts-5.8) [source] [64-bit] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:16] [kernel-poll:true]
Compiled: Sat Jan 14 14:50:33 2012
Taints:

Any ideas?  Or am I being stupid and invoking it wrong?