[Tsung] "Data receive from socket in state think, stop"?? What is?

Matteo Canato mcanato at gmail.com
Thu May 29 19:25:08 CEST 2008

Hello list,

today i start an intensive session of benchmarking of my own protocol. But,
before starting the 2 hours simulation that i would like to test, i tried to
launch a "5 minute" session.

Shortly, i simulate 5 minutes of total duration phase and time inter-arrival
of 2 seconds, launched and tsung starts & stops ok. I create the graph and
on the simultaneous users i saw that tsung isn't able to work with more of
100 clients!!! How is possible?

Here there's a (very small, sorry) pic about it:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mcanato/Test/photo#5205845365935042610
as you can see, the connected users are always <=100.

I tried to change settings of tsung.xml but the problem isn't solved...

And i'm sure that the daemon can be work with more of 100 client
simultaneous....

So, i look out at the tsung_controller.log and i've found this (error?) line
when the client counters arrive for the first time at 100.

=INFO REPORT==== 29-May-2008::15:23:51 ===
           ts_client:(3:<0.235.0>) Data receive from socket in state think,
stop

=INFO REPORT==== 29-May-2008::15:23:49 ===
       ts_tester:(5:<0.232.0>) ts_tester:parse(<<"OK 01 e017bc8b\r\n">>,
#state_rcv{acc=[], dyndata={dyndata,

[{ser,

"00000001"},

{passwd,

"12345678"},

{firm_m,

"00.00.00"},

{firm_p,

"00.00.00"},

{md5param,

"\\N"}],

{tester_dyndata,

undefined}}})
================ CUT ===========================

=INFO REPORT==== 29-May-2008::15:23:51 ===
       ts_tester:(5:<0.232.0>) ts_tester:parse(<<"OK 01 86430167\r\n">>,
#state_rcv{acc=[], dyndata={dyndata,

[{ser,

"0000002"},

{passwd,

"AAAASnor"},

{firm_m,

"01.00.00"},

{firm_p,

"01.00.00"},

{md5param,

"\\N"}],

{tester_dyndata,

"e017bc8b"}}})

=INFO REPORT==== 29-May-2008::15:23:51 ===
           ts_client:(3:<0.232.0>) Data receive from socket in state think,
stop

Where at each connection, the server send ONLY at the beginning of the
comunications "OK 01"++security_code (and the  the security_code will be
stored in tester_dyndata). From the log i can understand that tsung use an
existing child to communicate with the server! why?!?! and at the end of the
simulation, there will be a series of zombie-processes.....

what can I do?

thanks a lot,
M.Canato