[Tsung] Reuse of values retrieved from external files

Pablo Polvorin ppolv at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Mar 17 12:39:24 CET 2008

For your problem you could also hack with the erlang
process dictionary
http://www.erlang.org/course/advanced.html#dict,
to easily remember what was the last value.
Simply use two functions, the first to get a value
from the file and set that value in the process
dictionary.
The second function lookup the value from the process
dictionary.
Isn't polite, but should work.

https://support.process-one.net/browse/TSUN-56#action_18204

> it contains a <setdynvars> element that will let you
> do exactly that.
> However, it isn't in the main tsung distribution,
> and
> perhaps other, unrelated sections of the patch can
> cause some problems, specially if you are running an
> old version of erlang.
> use-with-care.
>
> cheers,
> Pablo.
>

> --- Michael Jacobs <Michael.Jacobs at genband.com>
> escribió:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > I am a new tsung user and am coming along quite
> well
> > so far. I am
> > currently running version 1.2.2, and I am
> >
> > successfully retrieving values out of external
> > files. (username,
> > password, etc). My question is within the same
> > sequence
> >
> > if I wish to send another request containing the
> > same username or
> > password, how do I do that? I looked at
> dyn_variable
> >
> > but this looks like it is to be used for incoming
> > messages, not ones
> > that tsung generates and sends out. In the snippet
> > below
> >
> > from the .xml file, I would like to send the same
> > value for
> > mma_phone:phone in the second request that was
> used
> > in the first.
> >

> >      <request subst="true"><http

url='/webportal/rest/users/%%mma_phone:phone%%/UserName'
> > version='1.1'
> > method='GET'>
> >
> >          <www_authenticate
> > userid='%%mma_user:user%%'
> > passwd='%%mma_pass:pass%%' /></http></request>
> >

> >      <request><http

url='/webportal/rest/users/%%mma_phone:phone%%/IMEnabled'

http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration