[Tsung] Reuse of values retrieved from external files

Pablo Polvorin ppolv at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Mar 17 12:29:41 CET 2008

Hi Michael,
see the patch at
https://support.process-one.net/browse/TSUN-56#action_18204

it contains a <setdynvars> element that will let you
do exactly that.
However, it isn't in the main tsung distribution, and
perhaps other, unrelated sections of the patch can
cause some problems, specially if you are running an
old version of erlang.
use-with-care.

cheers,
Pablo.

--- Michael Jacobs <Michael.Jacobs at genband.com>
escribió:

> Hi,
>

> I am a new tsung user and am coming along quite well
> so far. I am
> currently running version 1.2.2, and I am
>
> successfully retrieving values out of external
> files. (username,
> password, etc). My question is within the same
> sequence
>
> if I wish to send another request containing the
> same username or
> password, how do I do that? I looked at dyn_variable
>
> but this looks like it is to be used for incoming
> messages, not ones
> that tsung generates and sends out. In the snippet
> below
>
> from the .xml file, I would like to send the same
> value for
> mma_phone:phone in the second request that was used
> in the first.
>

>      <request subst="true"><http

url='/webportal/rest/users/%%mma_phone:phone%%/UserName'
> version='1.1'
> method='GET'>
>
>          <www_authenticate
> userid='%%mma_user:user%%'
> passwd='%%mma_pass:pass%%' /></http></request>
>

>      <request><http

url='/webportal/rest/users/%%mma_phone:phone%%/IMEnabled'