[Tsung] [ANNOUNCE] Tsung version 1.2.0 available
nicolas at niclux.org
Thu Jun 1 11:23:40 CEST 2006
Tsung 1.2.0 is now available.
This is the first release since the move from IDEALX to Process-One (for
commercial support) and Erlang-projects (for the community website).
The project is now called Tsung, for Tsunami-Next Generation.
Source code can be downloaded from
Binaries for Debian, Fedora and source code, are also available on the
A plugin for PostgreSQL is now available (it use the pgsql
module made by Christian Sunesson), many enchancements for Jabber
were added (thanks to Jason Tucker & Mickael Rémond), and more.
the DTD has been changed, therefore previous config files must be
1.1.0 -> 1.2.0 Major feature enhancements (29 May 2006)
- change name: idx-tsunami is now called tsung
- add new plugin: pgsql for postgresql load testing
- new: it's now possible to set multiple servers (selected at
runtime by round robin)
- add size_rcv stats
- fix beams communication problem introduced in new erlang releases.
- import snmp_mgr src from R9C2 to enable SNMP with R10B
- rebuild boot scripts if erlang version is different from compile
- many DTD improvements
- improved match: add loop|abort|restart on (no)match behavior,
multiple match tags is now possible (suggested by
msmith at truelink.com)
- freemem and packet stats for Solaris (jasonwtucker at gmail.com)
- fix several small problems with 'use_controller_vm' option
- ip is no more mandatory (default is 0.0.0.0)
- clients and monitoring can use hosts list defined in environment
variables, for use with batch schedulers (openpbs/torque, LSF and
- performance improvements in stats engine for very high load
- add plugin architecture in recorder; add pgsql plugin
- fix regression in recorder for WWW-Authentication
(anders.nygren at gmail.com)
- close client socket when connection:closed is ask by the server
(this should enable https recording with IE)
- fix presence:roster request
- add presence:directed , presence:broadcast & presence:final
requests for jabber (jasonwtucker at gmail.com)
- roster enhancements (jasonwtucker at gmail.com)
- sip-digest authentication (jasonwtucker at gmail.com)
- fix online: must use presence:initial to switch to online status
- add pubsub support (mickael.remond at process-one.net)
- fix single user agent case.
- minor fixes for HTTP parsing
Please report comments/bugs to the new mailing list:
A bug tracker is also available:
More information about the Tsung-users