[Tsung] Dynamic variables, Vcards, TLS, and service discovery

Megan Chinburg megan.chinburg at jivesoftware.com
Wed Dec 13 03:32:40 CET 2006

Hello,

I am running some load tests now against an XMPP server and I've run into a
few things that I cannot figure out how to test.  I'll list all four of them
and if anybody can answer one, two, three or all, I would much appreciate
it. :)

1) V-Card retrieval:  I assume this will be a raw xml request using the XMPP
extension for requesting a V-Card.  However if someone has had experience
with this, perhaps they could shed some more light on the process.

Right now I'm trying, and tsung is not complaining, but I'm also not seeing

<!-- requesting someone else's card -->
<request><jabber type="raw" ack="no_ack"
    data="&lt;iq
    to='user1 at lachesis'
    type='get'
    id='v3'&gt;
  &lt;vCard xmlns='vcard-temp'/&gt;
&lt;/iq&gt;"></jabber></request>

2) My next question has to do with the XML in question 1:
Is there any way to do a dynamic variable for the username in the "to"
definition?  Obviously if all the users retrieve the same vcard, I'm only
testing the cache and not the actual retrieval.  Or if someone has a better
way to request a vcard in a way that exercises the server, I would love to
know.

3) Is there a way to build a request for service discovery?

4) Is there a way to request a TLS rather than plain socket connection?

Thank you in advance for any help on these issues.

--Megan