What is an "online" jabber user?

Jason Tucker jasonwtucker at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 21:48:07 CET 2005

On 12/9/05, Nicolas Niclausse <nicolas at niclux.org> wrote:

> Yes, a user is considered online as soon as he is connected, so it's
> possible to get an offline message in the case you describe.

Is there any way this behavior can be altered? It would be *much* better if
tsunami only considered a user online after they have authenticated. I've
been trying to go through the source to see how this works, but I'm not
having much luck. I've been having alot of problems with my load tests
lately, and this issue seems to have something to do with it.

Just under 26,000 connected users, I start to see a large number of messages
going to offline store, even though they should be going to online users.
What we've discussed here explains part of the problem, but not why it
always seems to happen around the same number of users... strange.

Thanks,

__Jason